Silver Spring Home Health Care
Stroke Care Program
Stroke Rehabilitation At Home
During a pandemic, in-home care is safest for senior living. Submit your info for home care:
[gravityform id=2 title=false description=false]
Our Stroke Care Program Provides Stroke Rehabilitation At Home In Silver Spring, MD
Strokes have been identified as a leading cause of disability. Studies show that 1 in every 40 seconds someone in the United States suffers a stroke. Most stroke survivors, elderly or not, usually have one goal in mind – to recover fully and regain control of their lives.
A stroke in the family can cause many shifts, whether it is relationship dynamics, finances, home modifications, or role changes. As a spouse, sibling, child, grandchild, or friend, you may be charged with new tasks, such as providing daily assistance and support, plus planning, and facilitating your loved one’s care. Because stroke is sudden and unexpected there is often little or no time to prepare. No matter when or how your role as a caregiver begins, it can be a challenging job that takes a physical, mental and emotional toll. This is where Nest & Care can help.
Our Stroke Care Program is meant to assist stroke survivors during the vital rehabilitation period and help with secondary stroke prevention. We customize our plan of care according to the unique needs of the patient, but it often incorporates the following:
- Comprehensive Education to the patient and the family provided by our Stroke Certified RN as it relates to:
- Secondary stroke prevention
- Personalized stroke risk factors identification
- Signs and Symptoms of Stroke
- Importance of following up with primary care physician and/or neurologist
- Prescription medications that helps with secondary prevention
- Activating Emergency Medical Services – When to call 911
- Scheduling appointments with rehab services (Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy)
- Scheduling follow-up appointments with primary care physician and neurologist
- Coordinating transportation to Rehab and or physician appointment
- Medication Reminders
- Dietary support
- Thoughtful companionship to reduce stress and depression
- Fall prevention
- And more
This service can also be inclusive of various home care services based on the needs of the client. Such services include:
- Meal preparation
- Light housekeeping
- Bathing and toileting
- Hygiene and grooming assistance
- Medication reminders and pick-ups
- Errands and grocery shopping
- Transportation to and from appointments
- And more
To learn more about our Stroke Care Program, give us a call at (240) 226-3310 or send us a message at [email protected].
Allow us to make an assessment of your current environment and living conditions so we can provide the care that perfectly fits your needs.
Nest & Care
Take your home care career up a notch by joining our team of experienced individuals who are dedicated to providing high-quality assistance.
How Silver Spring Home Health Care Works
Your Personalized Care Starts Here
Personalized Silver Spring and Bethesda home care services are provided to the pediatric, adult, and geriatric population in a respectful, professional, and dedicated way. You can rest assured that the assistance given to our clients is meant to improve their current lifestyles and conditions.
Call (240) 226-3310 to describe your needs
Call our Care Advisor to discuss your care needs, skills requirements, and schedule
Schedule a FREE in-home assessment with RN
Our in-depth assessment will allow us to create a personalized care plan.
We carefully match you with the right caregiver
We take into consideration skill sets, personality and schedule to provide the perfect match.
Stay up-to-date through our online portal
Use your private Family Portal access to view your loved one’s care notes and care plans.
Learn How To Choose
The Right Home Care Provider
Finding the best agency for your loved one takes time, careful research and conversations about home care preferences. Download this free e-book to help you navigate your way through in-home care.
- Signs your loved one needs in-home care
- Decision-making process
- How to search for a caregiver
- Questions to ask when talking to different agencies
- The average cost of In-home care in Maryland
- Different ways In-home care is paid for
Know when is the best time for a loved to receive in-home care Silver Spring, if it is the right type of care your family needs, and how to navigate through it.
Nest and Care Silver Spring - Bethesda Home Health Care
Call (240) 226-3310
1751 Elton Rd Ste 210, Silver Spring, MD 20903
Schedule A Callback
Fill out the form below and one of our friendly staff will call you at the desired time to schedule a FREE in-home assessment for Silver Spring Home Health Care.