Silver Spring Home Health Care
Seizure Care & Epilepsy Care
Seizure & Epilepsy Home Care Program
Seizure Care & Epilepsy Care In Silver Spring, MD
About 1.5 million people in America have epilepsy. That is why Silver Spring Home Health Care offers epilepsy care and seizure care to the elders of Montgomery County.
A seizure is a sudden, uncontrolled electrical disturbance in the brain that causes changes in behaviors, movements or feelings, and consciousness. If you have the tendency to have recurrent seizures, you have epilepsy.
The signs and symptoms can range from mild to severe, and may include:
- Loss of awareness
- Aura before seizure
- Rhythmic twitching
- Stiff contraction
- Loss of consciousness
- Staring off blankly
- Repetitive behavior (i.e. Lip-smacking)
- Postictal state (drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, and headache)
Most seizures disorders can be controlled by medication but the management of seizures can still have a significant impact on your daily life as it may lead to circumstances that are dangerous to you or others like aspiration, falling, drowning, car accidents, pregnancy complications or emotional health issues.
At Nest & Care, we understand that sometimes, it’s too much to take on, which is why our team is here for you.
In addition to basic home care services, our Seizure/Epilepsy program incorporates the following:
- If you are a student, together with your physician, we help prepare for a Seizure Action Plan for your school.
- Maintain safety during seizure activity
- Reminder/Assistance with taking antiseizure medications as prescribed by your physician
- Provide emotional support
- Identification/Assistance with management of triggers that may make a seizure start
- Keep a seizure diary and record auras
- And many more
To learn more about our Seizure/Epilepsy Program, please call us at 240 (690) 9900 or send a message to our Neuro Certified Registered Nurse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nest and Care Silver Spring - Bethesda Home Health Care
Call (240) 226-3310
1751 Elton Rd Ste 210, Silver Spring, MD 20903
Fill out the form below and one of our friendly staff will call you at the desired time to schedule a FREE in-home assessment for Silver Spring Home Health Care.